How to Block MySpace
There are many reasons to block the Myspace site. It as well as other social networking sites is a big time-waster. We want to show you 3 methods how to block Myspace and avoid problems related with it.
The Best Way to Block Myspace
Blocking sites with the Host file and using Internet Explorer options are free, but incomplete. The biggest shortcoming of these methods is that they can be easily bypassed. For example, web-based proxy servers or anonymizers allow getting banned sites ignoring your settings. Free methods also are not universal and can be not compatible with your computer configuration and type of browser.
How to block Myspace with HT System Administrator
The best way to block Myspace is to use special blocking software, such as HT System Administrator that allows you to block certain sites more effective and has many advantages.
- Download and install HT System Administrator.
- Click the Website Blocking button.
- Select the Myspace checkbox and click OK.
HT System Administrator is easy to use and effective application allowing you to restrict user activity and internet usage.
With HT System Administrator you can
- Block any sites and social networks in all most known browsers - Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc
- Block specify sites by URLs and keywords
- Block websites by categories - Pornography, Gambling, Drugs, etc
- Disable any application - instant messengers, browsers, games, etc
- Limit time on certain websites and applications
- Monitor visited websites and launched applications
How to block MySpace using the Hosts file
The location of the hosts file depends on your operation system.
For Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8, it is
For Windows 2000 C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Note! Make a backup of the hosts file and put it somewhere safe, in case you mess up.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad or other plain text editor.
- Copy the following:
# block myspace
- Paste it into the Hosts file after 127.0.0.1 localhost.
- Save and close the Hosts file.
- Reboot your computer to apply the changes.
How to block MySpace on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools.
- Click Internet Options.
- Click on the Content tab.
- Click the Enable button.
- Click on the Approved Sites tab.
- Enter the URL in the box.
- Click Never and then OK.
- In the appeared window type and confirm your new password.
- Click on the General tab and make sure to select Users can see websites that have no ratings.
- Click OK.
The most reliable and easiest way to block Myspace is to use HT System Administrator. The software helps you filter internet content and block unwanted websites in all browsers.