Settings - HT Employee Monitor FAQ
How do I configure HT Employee Monitor on multiple computers more easily?
Use the export/import option to configure the software on multiple computers more efficiently.
- Configure HT Employee Monitor on one computer
- Export your settings to a file on a flash drive using the menu File > Export Settings.
- Open HT Employee Monitor on another computer and import your settings from this file using the menu File > Import Settings.
You can do the same remotely with the Remote Management feature - Advanced > Export Settings to File/ Import Settings from File. Here you learn more about Remote Management.
One more option to make the configuring easier is to import a file with your banned or allowed websites to the program.
- Right-click on the Banned or Allowed Websites filed and select Import…
- Open the txt file with your list of websites.
More InformationHow do I configure Remote Management?
How do I configure Remote Management?
First. You need to enable the feature locally on the monitored computer.
- Open the software and go to Remote Management.
- Enable the feature and remember the IP addresses or name of the computer on the tab.
Second. To have remote access on your remote admin PC, we currently offer two options. You can use a browser and enter the address of the monitored computer you want to connect to or use HT LAN Viewer.
For remote access via a browser:
- Open a browser and enter the IP address of the monitored computer from the Remote Management tab.
For remote access via HT LAN Viewer:
- Download HT LAN Viewer and install it on your admin computer.
- Add the addresses of the monitored computers to the program or click Find computers for auto search.
- Click the computer to access its remote console.
Note! Remote Management is available only the computers are on the same network. To use it, if the computers are out of one network, you need to do port forwarding.
More InformationLearn more about Remote Management I cannot access a monitored computer remotely. What should I do?
How do I add HT Employee monitor to Windows Firewall Exceptions?
- Open Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow an app feature through though Windows Firewall.
- Click the Allow another app button and browse to the HT Employee Monitor folder.
HT Employee Monitor is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\HEM or C:\Program Files\HEM by default.
- Select wmime.exe and click Open and then Add.
- Make sure that public is checked for the program. Click OK.
Have any questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We're here to help. Contact us ›