How to Block Video on a Computer—Video Sites and Players
- How to Block Video Sites
- How to Block All Videos Except for Those Related to School
- How to Limit Video
- How to Block Video Players
How to Block Video Sites
HT Family Shield is compatible with most browsers—Google Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE, and Opera. You don't need to install different add-ons and configure them one by one, install one video blocker with lots of features that allow you to block or limit videos, and be sure that your bans cannot be circumvented.
How to Block All Videos Except for Those Related to School
Usually, children need some websites with videos for their classes or homework. With HT Family Shield, you can whitelist these websites white blocking all other video sites.
- Go to Website Blocking and make the Youtube/Video category blocked.
- Add websites with videos you want to allow to the Whitelist.
How to Limit Video
Another case, when you don't want to block video websites completely, but you want your child to spend less time wanting unproductive video. HT Family Shield can help!
- Go to Website Limits.
- Add video sites, your child spends too much time, to the list.
- Set up Maximum Time Allowed and a Schedule for them.
How to Block Video Players—Video Apps
Video players are apps, so website blocking cannot affect them. In this case, we need another approach. Our video blocker allows you to bock/limit or make a schedule for any application installed on your computer.
- Go to Application Blocking.
- Add app you want to block/limit to the list. Change their status according to your preference.
Block status completely diabetes an app.
Limit status restricts the time users can spend on it.
HT Family Shield offers a diverse range of blocking, limiting, and scheduling features for sites and apps. Due to remote control, you can set up bans or, on the contrary, override/unlock your bans, for example, when your child has finished his/her educational goals for the day anytime you like in real-time.
Log in to our parent portal and block video in a way you want with a 14-day free trial.