Blocking Features—HT Work Focus FAQ
How Do I Block Specific Websites or Keywords?
With HT Work Focus, you can block certain websites, keywords, and website categories.
- Click Website Blocking.
- Click the Add button near the Banned Websites list and enter the URL or keyword you want to block.
- Add all the websites you want to block and click Apply.
More InformationThe program does not block a website(s) How to block access to specific websites categories How do I block all websites except those whitelisted? How do I limit time on certain websites?
How do I block all websites except a whitelist?
HT Work Focus lets you block all websites and allow only the sites from your trusted list.
- Go to Website Blocking.
- Click the Add button near the Allowed Websites list and enter the URL or keyword you want to allow.
- Make your list of allowed websites.
- Select the Only see the website on the allowed list checkbox and click Apply.
More InformationBrowsers HT Work Focus supports How do I limit time on certain websites? How do I block specific websites or keywords?
How do I block/limit an application?
One of the HT Work Focus unique features is its ability to block or limit certain applications.
- Go to Application Blocking.
- Add applications you want to block. Select an installed app on the list that appears or add an app name for not installed.
Note! Click Browse to find and add an exe file of the program which you cannot find on the list.
- Choose Block or Limit.
- Specify Maximum Allowed Time and Schedule for the Limited apps if needed.
One more way that allows you to block applications even more easily by selecting them from logs:
- Run the app you want to block.
- Go to HT Work Focus > Applications logs.
- Select the application on the list and click the Block app button.
How Do I Limit Time on Certain Websites?
Limiting the amount of time that users can spend on time-wasting sites that are not related to work is an excellent idea to your productivity.
- Go to the Website Limiting.
- Add a website to the list.
- Choose Limit.
- Specify the maximum amount of time a user can spend on the limited sites.
- Set Schedule for your list if needed.