Settings - HT Work Focus FAQ
How to Configure Remote Management
First. Enable the feature locally on the monitored computer.
- Install HT Work Focus on each computer you want to manage.
- Open the software and go to Remote Management.
- Enable the feature and remember the IP addresses or name of the computer on the tab.
Second. Use HT Remote Manager or a browser to log in the remote console.
To have remote access on your remote admin PC, we currently offer two options. You can use a browser and enter the address of the monitored computer you want to connect to or use HT Remote Manager.
For remote access by using HT Remote Manager:
- Download HT Remote Manager and install it on your admin computer.
- Add the addresses of the monitored computers to the program or click Find computers for automatic search.
- Click the computer to access its remote console.
- Enter your login and password. The default login is admin. The default password is admin. Necessary only at the first entrance.
For remote access by using a browser:
- Open a browser and enter the IP address of the monitored computer from the Remote Management tab.
- Enter your login and password. The default login is admin. The default password is admin.
Note! Remote Management is available only the computers are on the same network. To use it, if the computers are out of one network, you need to do port forwarding.
How to Configure HT Work Focus on Multiple Computers
Use the export/import option to configure the software on multiple computers more efficiently.
Configure HT Work Focus on one computer
Install the program and configure its filters/settings on one computer.
Export Your Settings to a File on a Flash Drive
Click File > Export Settings and save your configuration to a file on a USB drive.
Import Your Settings to Other Computers
Click File > Import Settings and select your file to load your settings to HT Work Focus on other computers.
Note! You can do the same remotely on the Remote Console. Learn more about Remote Management.
An additional option to ease setup is to import a file with your black and whitelists to the program.
- Open Website Blocking and click Import list under the Banned / Allowed Websites.
- Select your txt or csv file with the websites.
More InformationHow to configure Remote Management
How to Add HT Work Focus to Windows Firewall Exceptions
- Open Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow an app feature through though Windows Firewall.
- Click the Allow another app button and browse to the HT Work Focus folder.
HT Work Focus is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\HEM or C:\Program Files\HEM by default.
- Select wmime.exe and click Open and then Add.
- Make sure that the public is checked for the program. Click OK.