Another option is to block all websites and allow only those sites you want your children to have access to. For example, in less than a minute, you can set the program to allow access to wikipedia.org or disnay.com and block all other sites. To block all websites except those whitelisted, follow these steps:
- Go to Website Blocking.
- Click the Add button near the Allowed Websites and enter the domain or URL you want to allow.
- Add all websites you want to the list.
- Select Only see websites on the allowed list.
- Click Apply.
Now, users can access only websites from your approved list. All other websites will be blocked.
For example, to allow Gmail, you need to add to the list mail.google.com and accounts.google.com to log in, but not gmail.com. Since gmail.com is not a real URL of this site.
As any other filters, the whitelist can be applied to all users or individual users only. Go to User Accounts and make sure that Website Blocking is checked or unchecked for the user.
You can use the Allowed Websites in two different modes depending on the Only see websites on the allowed list checkbox, as the whitelist if it's checked, and as the list of exceptions to allow websites that are blocked for some reasons.
That provides many options, for example:
- you can block the keywords game and games and allow girlgames.com to play not cruelty games for girls
- you can block shopping websites with Websites Categories and allow amazon.in/Toys-Games, so your child can choose a toy for him/her
- you can allow the websites that you think are blocked mistakenly
To use the Allowed Websites as exceptions, follow these instructions:
- Click the Add button near the Allowed Websites and enter websites addresses that are blocked but you want to allow them.
- Add all websites you want to allow to the list.
- Make sure that Only see websites on the allowed list is unchecked.
- Click Apply.
More InformationBlacklist The software blocks the website(s) I want to allow How to block website categories
Have any questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We're here to help.
Contact us ???