The program works great on my account, but it does not work on my child's account
This problem can happen if you use Windows Parental Controls or Windows Safety on your child's account. In this case, HT Parental Controls does not have permission from Widows so it cannot run on your child's account and cannot block anything. Only the programs from the allowed list can be run on the account with Windows Parental Controls or Family Safety.
You need to add HT Parental Controls to the allowed programs. To fix the problem do the following from your admin account:
- Go to Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > Family Safety (Parental Controls).
- Select your kid's account.
- Click Allow and block specific program.
- Click the Browse button.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTPC or C:\Program Files\HTPC and choose htpcons.exe.
- Save the settings if it's required.
- Restart your PC.
If you use Windows 10, do the following:
- Sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/family#/ with your Microsoft account.
- Click More Options under your child's name.
- Select Apps, games & media and remove HT Parental Controls (it can be displayed as System Administrator) from the blocked list.
More InformationThe software does not block the website(s) I want to block HT Parental Controls is not working
Have any questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We're here to help.
Contact us ›