Fast Windows Hider FAQ
1. How to open the Fast Windows Hider.
There are a few ways to open the main screen. First - press the default keyboard shortcuts SHIFT+F11. Second - double click the tray icon. Third – open it from the installation folder or the Windows Program Menu.
2. How to use the program.
First, specify which programs you want to hide.
- Open the Fast Windows Hider main window.
- Click the Add button.
- Select the program you may want to hide if needed.
- Or click Browse and select the program executable file installed on the computer if the app is not listed.
You can customize the keyboard shortcuts and mouse moving in a way convenient for you. One more way to hide your windows is to press on the mouse wheel.
3. How to register the program.
To register Fast Windows Hider, you need open the main screen. Then on the Help menu, click Register and enter your license key exactly as it was given to you.
If the registration is correct, the successful registration window will appear. To check your registration, press the About button. The About screen contains your license key, whether the program is registered or information about your trial period.
4. Can I protect hidden applications with a password?
Yes. Fast Windows Hider has password protection so the program will not display the hidden apps until the correct password is entered. To set up the password:
- Open the program.
- On Options menu, click General Settings.
- Select the Protect Hidden Programs with Password checkbox.
- Click the Change Password button and type in and confirm your new password.
- Save changes.
5. How do I mute sound?
With Fast Windows Hider, you can turn off all sounds on your computer with one mouse move. First, configure the program so when needed it will disable computer sounds.
- Open the Fast Windows Hider main screen.
- Click the Options button.
- Select Mute Sound when Hide.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Now anytime you hide windows, all sounds on the computer will be disabled.
6. How do I change the shortcuts?
Fast Windows Hider allows you to set customizable keyboard shortcuts or mouse actions to hide/unhide applications.
7. How best to hide windows with the shortcuts or with the mouse?
It depends on which method is more suitable for you. Fast Windows Hider hides windows equally as well as keyboard shortcuts, mouse movement and pressing the mouse wheel.
8. How do I restore hidden windows?
Or click the mouse wheel.
9. Can Fast Windows Hider damage hidden windows or cause loss of information stored there?
No. Fast Windows Hider does not close or change any hidden windows. There is no need to worry about the hidden windows. Just press the keyboard shortcuts SHIFT+F12 by default, and the program restores them without any losses at the same place.
10. After some time Fast Windows Hider stopped working.
Fast Windows Hider is paid software. The trial period is 14 days. After that, you will need to purchase the license key to continue using Fast Windows Hider or uninstall the program from your computer.
11. I hid the tray icon of Fast Windows Hider and forgot the keyboard shortcuts. How can I open the program?
You can open the program from the installation folder. Open to the installation folder (C:\Program Files\Fast Windows Hider by default) and click fwh.exe.
12. How to hide the Fast Windows Hider tray icon
To hide the tray icon, please do the following:
- Open the main window.
- Click the Options button.
- Uncheck Show the Icon in the Systray.
- Save your changes.