Blocking Features - HT Employee Monitor FAQ
How do I block a specific website or keywords with HT Employee Monitor?
With HT Employee Monitor you can block certain websites, keywords and website categories.
- Click Website Blocking.
- Click the Add button near the Banned Websites list and enter the URL or keyword you want to block.
- Add all websites you want to block and click Apply.
More InformationHow do I block all websites except a whitelist? How to limit the time that users can spend on certain websites The program does not block a specified website(s). What should I do?
How do I block all websites except a whitelist?
HT Employee Monitor lets you block all websites and allow only websites from your trusted list.
- Go to Website Blocking.
- Click the Add button near the Allowed Websites list and enter the URL or keyword you want to allow.
- Make your list of allowed websites.
- Select the Only see the website on the allowed list checkbox and click Apply.
You can also import your list of allowed websites.
- Right-click on the Allowed Websites list and select Import List...
- Select your *.csv or *.txt file with the list of websites.
More InformationWhat browsers does HT Employee Monitor support? How to limit the time that users can spend on certain websites How do I block a specific website or keywords with HT Employee Monitor?
How do I block an application?
One of the HT Employee Monitor unique features is an opportunity to block or limit certain applications.
- Go to Application Blocking.
- Add applications you want to block.
- If you cannot find the needed program on the list, click Browse to add its exe file.
One more way that allows you to block applications even more easily:
- Run the application you want to block.
- Go to HT Employee Monitor > Applications logs.
- Select the application on the list and click the Block app button.
To limit the time that users can spend on a certain application:
- Add the application to the list.
- Click it and select Limit.
- Specify how much time users can spend on the limited applications or set up the Schedule for them.