How to Use HT Family Shield–A Quick Start Guide
Learn how to protect your children online in just a few minutes
HT Family Shield begins monitoring activities automatically immediately upon installation. It starts every time the computer is turned on; working silently in the background, recording activities, and blocking them according to your settings. The program does not block any activity by default; therefore, you need to configure the filters according to your preferences.
Our internet filter can detect and block pornography and other unsuitable websites from the banned categories to help your child connect the digital world safely. The filter works even in private browsing modes.
- Go to Website Blocking on the dashboard.
- Choose the pre-defined categories you wish to block.
With HT Family Shield, you can block specific websites and keywords (i.e., Playboy, lingerie). Our parental controls reliably block restricted sites across Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox, Opera, and Brave. The software reports that were visited, as well as those that were blocked.
- Go to Website Blocking.
- Enter a URL or keyword you want to block in the field under the Blacklist and click Add.
- Add as many URLs or keywords as you wish.
An additional option of HT Family Shield is to block all websites and allow only those in the Whitelist. In this way, your child can access only approved sites.
- Go to Website Blocking.
- Add allowed websites to the Whitelist.
- Select the Allow only white-listed websites option.
Our parental control app has the ability to block or limit certain applications that you find disruptive or time-wasting. Application controls can work in two ways. You can block an application completely so your child cannot launch it, or you can create time limits and a schedule for it.
- Go to Application Filter.
- Choose an app from the drop-down list and click Add.
- Classify each listed app as Blocked (completely inaccessible) or Limited.
- Set the Maximum Time Allowed or Schedule for limited use of the apps..
Note: The time limit is shared among all the included apps on the list.
HT Family Shield allows parents to set limits for how long their child is one specific sites and apps and the time of day they can access them. In this way, you can manage activities that you find disruptive or time-wasting.
- Click Website Limiting for sites or Application Filter for programs on the dashboard.
- Add websites/apps to the list.
- Specify the Maximum Time Allowed per day for limited sites/apps, and/or set the Schedule.
Note: The time limit is shared among all the listed websites/apps.
Time Controls for screen time allow parents to manage how long their children spend on the computer by applying a schedule or setting limits on a per-day basis.
- Click Time Controls on the dashboard.
- Specify a schedule for when the computer can be used.
- Set up the PC Usage Limits on how long the device can be used on a daily or weekly basis.
- Choose Log out or Shut down to lock the computer when the time expires.
Regardless of how intricate and complex you create your restrictions, they will not work if your smart child can stop the program from running. Therefore, please protect HT Family Shield with these built-in options:
- Click Enhanced Security on the dashboard.
- Select all the checkboxes and click Apply.
HT Family Shield provides you with detailed reports of all visited websites, launched applications, and search queries. It shows you how much time they spent on each activity. Stay in the know about what your child does on the computer and block harmful or inappropriate actions.
- Click the reports you want to see on the dashboard.
- Select date ranges for the report.
See alerts for all blocked events. HT Family Shield flags any attempt to access banned/restricted sites and apps so you can talk about it.
Upon installation, HT Family Shield monitors all of the users on the computer. All the filters and monitoring features can be enabled/disabled for individual users. This allows you to define specific rules for some users, while other users can surf the Internet and use the computer without limitations.