How to Block MySpace
There are many reasons to block the Myspace site. As well as other social networking sites, Myspace is a big time-waster.We want to show you 3 methods how to block Myspace and avoid problems related to it.
How to Block Myspace with Website Blocking Software
Blocking sites with the Host file and using Internet Explorer options are free, but incomplete. The biggest shortcoming of these methods is that they can be easily bypassed. Free methods also are not universal and can be not compatible with your computer configuration and type of browser.
The best way to block Myspace is to use special website blocking software, such as HT Employee Monitor for business and HT Parental Controls that allow you to block certain sites more effective and has many advantages.
Our website blockers are easy to use and effective applications that allow you to restrict user activity and internet usage. With our software you can:
- Block any sites and social networks in all most known browsers - Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc
- Block specify sites by URLs and keywords
- Block websites by categories - Pornography, Gambling, Drugs, etc
- Disable any application - instant messengers, browsers, games, etc
- Limit time on certain websites and applications
- Monitor visited websites and launched applications
How to block MySpace using the Hosts file
The location of the hosts file depends on your operating system. For Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10, it is C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Open the hosts file using Notepad or another plain text editor.
- Copy the following:
# block myspace
- Paste it into the Hosts file after 127.0.0.1 localhost.
- Save and close the Hosts file.
- Reboot your computer to apply the changes.
How to block MySpace on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools.
- Click Internet Options.
- Click on the Content tab.
- Click the Enable button.
- Click on the Approved Sites tab.
- Enter the URL in the box.
- Click Never and then OK.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Click on the General tab and make sure to select Users can see websites that have no ratings.
- Click OK.
The most reliable and easiest way to block Myspace is to use website blocking software - HT Employee Monitor for business and HT Parental Controls. Such software helps you filter internet content and block unwanted websites in all browsers. Download the free trial and test it now.