How to Use HT Parental Controls - A Quick Start Guide
Learn how to protect your children online in just a few minutes
Download and install HT Parental Controls on your child's computer or laptop with Windows OS from any account.
The installation is standard. HT Parental Controls starts monitoring activates automatically right after. By default, the program does not block any activity so that you can configure the filters according to your vision.
The app start automatically whenever the computer is turned on working silently in the background recordings activities and blocking them according to your settings.
Our internet filter can detect pornography and other websites from the banned categories, and makes sure that everything is blocked, even in private browsing modes.
- Click Website Blocking on the dashboard.
- Select the prepared categories you want to block.
- Click Apply.
The software includes options for blocking any sites and keywords (i.e., Playboy, swimwear) that you want. Compatibility options are impressive since the software supports Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera.
- Click the Add button under the Banned Websites list.
- Add as many URLs or keywords as you want.
- When done, click Apply.
You can select the website to block directly from the Websites logs. Learn more
The app also offers a solution for blocking all sites except trusted sites and keywords on your list of allowed content. Learn more
With HT Parental Controls, you can block any apps, games you want or limit the time users can spend on them.
- Click Application Blocking.
- Click Add to blacklist an app.
- Select the app from the list on the next page, or click Browse to find out its exe file.
- Choose Block or Limit for each application.
- Set the Maximum Time Allowed or Schedule if needed.
You can block an app directly from the logs.
Note: The time limit is shared among all the included apps on the list.
HT Parental Controls lets you limit to how long your child can access apps or websites before they are blocked. In this way, you can control usage if you do not want to block something completely (i.e., some social networks, games).
- Click Website Limiting.
- Add websites to the list.
- Specify the Maximum Time Allowed per day for limited sites and/or set the Schedule.
Note: The time limit is shared among all the listed websites.
HT Parental Controls includes time management options as well. So you can limit how much time they spend on the account.
- Click Time Controls.
- Specify when the computer can be used.
- Set up the PC Usage Limits on how long the device can be used on a daily or weekly basis.
- Chose Log our or Shut down to lock the computer after overtime.
No matter how intricate and complex you create your bans, it still won???t work if your smart child finds out the program and decides to stop it from running. So please protect HT Parental Controls with build-on options.
- Click Windows Security.
- Select the checkboxes and click Apply.
- Set up an access password, click the Options menu > Set password.
HT Parental Controls provides you with detailed reports of website and application usage, time spent on the pc, keystrokes, screenshots, etc. With the reports, you can easily see how your child spends time online.
- Click the reports you want to see on the dashboard.
- Select the data range for the report.
You can get reports of all activity from the child accounts directly to your email. To configure email reporting, do the following:
- Click Email Reporting.
- Specify your email address and the time interval for the reports.
With the remote management feature, parents can remotely manage parental controls from a different device entirely. Configure the function to get remote access to all the filters and logs.
- Click Remote Management.
- Click Turn on and remember the address on the tab.
- Enter it to the address line on your browser on any device on the same network. It can be a parental smartphone or laptop.
Import! For remote access, your device and your child computer have to be on the same network.