How to Use HT Parental Controls - A Quick Start Guide
Learn how to protect your children online in just a few minutes
Download and install HT Parental Controls on your child’s computer or laptop with Windows OS from any account.
The installation is standard. HT Parental Controls begins monitoring activates automatically immediately upon installation. The program does not block any activity by default; therefore you can configure the filters according to your preferences.
The app starts automatically every time the computer is turned on; working silently in the background, recording activities, and blocking them according to your settings.
You can configure the filters and view logs remotely using a browser and accessing the address showing on the Remote Management tab. Read more about the remote control.
With the remote management feature, you can remotely manage the parental controls from a different device. Configure the function to get remote access to all the filters and logs.
- Click Remote Management.
- Click Turn on and remember the address on the tab.
- Enter it to the address line in your browser on any device on the same network. It can be a parental smartphone or laptop.
Import! For remote access, your device and your child’s computer have to be on the same network.
Our internet filter can detect pornography and other websites from the banned categories, and makes sure that everything is blocked, even in private browsing modes.
- Click Website Blocking on the dashboard.
- Choose the predefined categories categories you wish to block.
The software includes options for blocking any sites and keywords (i.e., video, lingerie) that you want. Compatibility options are impressive since the software supports Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Brave browser.
- Click the Add button under the Banned Websites list.
- Add as many URLs or keywords as you want.
- When done, click Apply.
You can select the website to block directly from the Websites logs. Learn more
The app also offers a solution for blocking all sites except trusted sites and keywords on your list of allowed content. Learn more
With HT Parental Controls, you can block any apps, games you want or limit the time users can spend on them.
- Click Application Blocking on the dashboard.
- Click Add to blacklist an app.
- Select the app on the list which appears, or click Browse and select its executable file installed on the computer.
- Choose Block or Limit for each application.
- Set the Maximum Time Allowed or Schedule, as needed.
You can also block an app directly from the recorded logs.
Note: The time limit is shared among all the included apps on the list.
HT Parental Controls lets you limit to how long your child can access apps or websites before they are blocked. In this way, you can control usage if you do not want to block something completely (i.e., some social networks, games).
- Click Website Limiting on the dashboard.
- Add websites to the list.
- Specify the Maximum Time Allowed per day for limited sites, and/or set the Schedule.
Note: The time limit is shared among all the listed websites.
HT Parental Controls includes time management options as well. So you can limit how much time they spend on the computer.
- Click Time Controls on the dashboard.
- Specify when the computer can be used.
- Set up the PC Usage Limits on how long the device can be used on a daily or weekly basis.
- Choose Log out or Shut down to lock the computer when time expires.
Regardless of how intricate and complex you create your restrictions, they will not work if your smart child finds out the program and stops it from running. So please protect HT Parental Controls with these built-in options:
- Click Windows Security on the dashboard.
- Select all the checkboxes and click Apply.
- Set up an access password, click the Options menu > Set password.
HT Parental Controls provides you with detailed reports of website and application usage, the time spent on the PC, search queries, screenshots, etc. With the reports, you can easily see how your child spends time online.
- Click the reports you want to see on the dashboard.
- Select date ranges for the report.
You can get reports of all activity from the child’s account directly to your email. To configure email reporting, do the following:
- Click Email Reporting.
- Specify your email address and the time interval for the reports.